Thursday, October 22, 2015

A Heart Revealed FINAL REVIEW!

So we all know that I was not incredibly happy with the lovely Amber, at the start of book two. I was getting really antsy for SOME redeeming quality! That being said I think she did it.
The quality of the writing is excellent, even though Amber's attitude was unbearable at times, she really did fit in to what would have been expected of the times, especially when you look at her family situation.
Watching her make the transformation from unbearable, pampered, calculating woman, into a lady of depth with perception is wonderful. As Amber comes to terms and has the maturity to see where her current path would take her is well done. It made me incredibly happy for Thomas, who in this situation did get all his heart desired.
I don't want to give away everything incase you haven't read yet, so to sum up should you buy this book YES! I will be continuing to watch Josi S Kilpack for future books. I have purchased and read Lord Fenton's Folly as well, and it is even better (in fact I do find it much superior to this book.)
I can't wait to try her mystery books!
On the note of Lord Fenton's Folly; it is a 5 star book. On top of that I am more convinced that I should try her mystery books! I have also read another one of her books  A Merry Dance which is included in the Autumn Masquerade (Timeless Regency Collection), is AMAZING! I will review that one later but if you're already in the market, it is a must buy!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you - I liked this book but I really loved Lord Fenton's Folly more. I hope she writes more regency in the future. Her mystery books are fun, I've read them all, but I like this style of writing from her the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished reading Towards the Sunrise - by Elizabeth Camden and thought you might enjoy it. Maybe you already read it. It's a little introduction to her new book coming out - super cute, loved it. I just wondered if you had read it and what you thought. I'll probably post about it on my blog next week. Maybe we could swap and do some guest posts sometime? I know you took the next couple months off though. Let me know what you think...of the book and swapping posts sometime :) Happy reading

    ReplyDelete