Sunday, July 19, 2015

After a Fashion (part 2)

Is anyone else having issues with posts not posting? I just must me, I am blogger impaired! So sorry on this delay, you get two posts on this wonderful book by Jen Turano!

So we've been introduced to Miss Harriet Peabody and she is the hat girl (for the moment) and we also meet Mr. Oliver Addleshaw a businessman who is currently trying to impress a Duke. Im just going to jump into discussion questions, because honestly that's all I can think about!

What would you have done had you been in Harriet's place and been attacked by Miss. Birmingham?
(My favorite part of that is her suggestion to put her in the "Long Island Home Hotel for Nervous Invalids" that is something I most certainly would have done!)

I thought a lot about Oliver's comment about having to create a list trying to help him find a suitable companion. That women had thrown themselves on him ridiculously where he seemed to not want even try. How would you feel in his position?
I would probably not want to try either, I want romance. (I'm a hopeless romantic at heart) it would be so hard (and this is something I think about from time to time reading about people fictional or not) when people only want you for a specific reason. That could be anything from money, status, help in some way, but that relationship if it is one sided, is hardly fair for either sides.

I love Mrs. Hart (I have a feeling in the 3rd book in the series we may get to know her even better)  I would just love to hear people's thoughts on her!

The end is a nice twist and I don't want to give it away! So stay tuned for an overall review! Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment